Building one’s faith is a continuous process throughout life. In our earliest years, the important adults in our lives have the most influence over faith development. This development is then further enhanced by our participation in church activities and by our personal endeavors outside of the church setting.
At Resurrection, the following educational experiences are available:
- SUNDAY SCHOOL
- FIRST COMMUNION INSTRUCTION
- BAPTISM INSTRUCTION
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
- NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION
- ON-SITE LIBRARY
- AT-HOME ACTIVITIES
Our SUNDAY SCHOOL PROGRAM offers classes for all ages:
- ADULT BIBLE STUDY (2 options): The GRACE WORKS CLASS meets in Room 210 and the PACESETTERS CLASS meets in Room 112. Both classes welcome new members and visitors. Try them both and see which style best suits you.
- The TEEN CLASS meets in Room 210 and offers a wide variety of activities including bible study, service projects, topical discussions, off-site excursions, and fellowship for grades 7 – 12.
- The KIDZ KLASS welcomes all children (ages 3 – grade 6). Through the use of reading, storytelling, media, games and activities, children learn Bible stories and develop faith based understanding to help them in their daily lives. The KIDZ KLASS meets in the Catacombs.
- A NURSERY is available for children birth – age 3.
FIRST COMMUNION INSTRUCTION is provided for first graders prior to Maundy Thursday, when they will receive their first communion.
BAPTISM INSTRUCTION is available for parents of children and for adult members wishing to be baptized.
CONFIRMATION CLASSES are held for seventh and eighth graders. On Pentecost Sunday, at the completion of their two year study, confirmands reaffirm their baptisms as adult members of the congregation.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL takes place in June. There are classes for children ages 3 – grade 6 and adults. Adult & teen volunteers make up the VBS staff.
A NURSERY is available for children birth – age 5 during all worship services and special events.
NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION is available to anyone seeking membership in our church.
In Room 213, there is a LIBRARY of materials and resources, (related to a large number of topics), for check out.
AT HOME ACTIVITIES for furthering faith formation and religious education can be found on our VIBRANT FAITH @ HOME website link.